The best Halloween parties start with the ubiquitous bowl of punch: that boozy blend of fruit and spices that isn’t too sweet, but instantly kicks the swing into the party and gets everyone bright and merry! Each of the following recipe ideas make 6 cocktails, each with a shot of booze, which can be doubled or tripled at will. Super easy to whip up or can be prepared in advance and finished when the guests arrive with the alcohol you’ve instructed they bring. These recipies are great for any winter festive party too.
Lets get started!
[accordion id=”my-accordion”] [accordion_item title=”Apple and Hot Buttered Rum Punch” parent_id=”my-accordion” open=”true”]With its cayenne pepper ingredient, this warm rum punch packs a powerful kick!
Makes 6 drinks
1tsp ground nutmeg
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
1 red apple, sliced
8 oz rum
8 tbsps butter
6 oz water
4 tbsps brown sugar
- Add water, brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks and cayenne pepper to a medium-sized pan.
- Over a medium heat, cook for about 10 mins, then remove from the heat and leave aside. At this stage, the liquid can be left away from heat for a couple of hours, while you get ready for the party!
- When ready for serving, reheat the buttery mixture and add your rum and red apple slices. Serve with a ladle into small jars or teacups.
[/accordion_item] [accordion_item title=”Mulled Wine” parent_id=”my-accordion” ]For the perfect invite into your home, there is nothing more welcoming than a big pot of mulled wine simmering contentedly on the stove and filling your entire home with its cinnamon spiked perfume.
Makes 6 drinks
3 cups of apple cider
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground cloves
1 bottle of red wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon are the best rich red wines for this)
1/4 whole cloves
- Slice off 1-inch piece of each orange to obtain a little crescent garnish for your glass. Insert whole cloves alonge the skin and cut the remainder of the oranges into slices.
- Into a medium-sized pot, pour the apple cider, adding ground cloves, all the oranges and the cinnamon. Cook for 10 mins over a medium to low heat, then leave to steep for a minimum of 1 hour, allowing you to dress into your finest party outfit, finished with your favourite JACAVA London purple nail polish colour!
- When the party is ready to start, add the bottle of wine, simmering over a low heat for approximately 10 minutes. Remove the oranges and keep warm on the stove until ready to serve in mugs or teacups.[/accordion_item] [accordion_item title=”Pumpkin Spice Latte Dessert Punch” parent_id=”my-accordion” ]Drink with caution or you’ll unwittingly consume an entire pint of ice cream. This punch is more a decadent dessert than a cocktail, so limit yourself to just the one glass of this potent punch or you’ll be reeling into next Halloween!
Makes for 6.
1 pint of vanilla ice cream
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of whole milk
For serving: a carton of whipped cream for serving and pumpkin pie spice5 oz vodka
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree thoroughly. While waiting, you could be admiring your matching Vanilla Slice nude nail polish.
- Serve in cocktail glasses or glass mugs, adding the whipped cream to the top and sprinkling the pumpkin pie spice over. Use a straw or sip slowly. Enjoy!
[/accordion_item] [accordion_item title=”Pear Lime Martini Punch with Grape Eyeballs” parent_id=”my-accordion” ]It’s Halloween and you can’t pass up the opportunity to make some pretend eyeballs that look scarily real! Peeled green grapes, sunk to the bottom of a cocktail glass or attached to a cocktail stick, are the creepiest tasty treats ever!
1 oz St. Germaine
6 oz chilled vodka
14 oz chilled pear nectar
2 oz lime juice, including limes sliced for garnish
4 oz cold water
1 cup o green grapes, peeled
- Dilute the pear nectar with 4 oz of cold water. While stirring slowly, add the St Germaine, vodka and lime juice.
- Add the peeled grapes and leave to chill in the fridge until ready for serving.
- Serve in chilled martini glasses over ice.
The perfect shade of green nail polish to accompany this cocktail, has to be Newburgh Street.
[/accordion_item] [accordion_item title=”Gold Rush this Autumn” parent_id=”my-accordion” ]Classic Gold Rush cocktails consist of bourbon and lemon juice and an autumnal twist sees apple cider, honey and orange peel thrown in or good measure!
6 oz honey syrup (you’ll need to add 6 oz of boiling water to 4 tbsp of solid honey)
6 oz fresh lemon juice (approx. 6 lemons)
6 oz bourbon
6 oz apple cider
1 large orange
- Prepare the runny honey syrup, by pouring the boiling water over the honey collected in a small bowl or jar. Stir for a minute to dissolve. Leave to cool at room temperature or rest in the fridge.
- In a large jug, mix the lemon juice, cool honey syrup and apple cider. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, while you dress for your party! Alpha Place blue nail polish is hot this season for your nails.
- Add bourbon and a generous scoop of ice directly before serving.
- To make the peeled orange twirls, use a vegetable peeler. Serve the cocktail with the orange peel straddling the glass and sinking thirstily into the cocktail.[/accordion_item] [accordion_item title=”Peaches and Cardamom” parent_id=”my-accordion” ]Of course, no Halloween party can go without this exotic punch. Cardamom-infused gin compliments the sweet peach nectar to give this cocktail the thumbs up by all who imbibe!
14 oz peach nectar
6 whole cardamom pods
6 oz gin
4 oz water
6 slices of lemon to decorate the cocktail glasses
- Add the cardamom pods to a bowl with the gin. To break the pods and release their flavour, use a wooden spoon or plastic spatula. Leave to infuse for 20 minutes and then remove the pods.
- In the punch bowl, dilute the peach nectar with 4 oz of water, before adding the infused gin. Chill in the fridge before serving.
- Serve chilled in martini glasses or over ice as preferred. Add a slice of lemon to the side of each glass as decoration or, before pouring the liquid into the glass, dip the edges of the glass into a lemon juice and honey syrup, before redipping in sugar, to give that lovely iced fringe to the glass. Enjoy your Halloween!!
Are you ready for partying?